Updating speed dials requires three steps:
- Updating the speed dials using the secure web portal
- Download the changes to the phone
- Print a new overlay (if necessary) for your phone
To update your speed dial keys:
- Login to the secure web portal at https://velocityvo.com/pbx
- Under "Personal Settings", click on the "Speed Dials" link under the phone you want to update
- Make the desired changes using the form. The Name and Phone # fields will offer to auto-fill information for other users on the system as you type to simplify the process, but any Name and Phone # may be used when programming the speed dial keys. The Name is used as the description for the key when generating the phone overlay (see below). And the Phone # is the number dialed when the key is pressed.
- Click "Update" to apply the changes
To download the changes to the phone:
Updates must be downloaded to the phone to take effect. This can be achieved by rebooting or repowering the phone after applying the updates in the secure web portal.
Rebooting can be done through the phone menu, which is accessed by pressing the menu key in the middle of the four arrows on your phone. Press the menu key, then scroll to the "Reboot" option and press the menu key again to select this option and start the reboot process.
On the Colorscreen phone models you may alternately press the hold and right arrow key at the same time to pull down the changes without rebooting.
To print a new overlay:
- Click the "download the speed dial overlay" link at the top of the speed dial edit page after applying the changes. Some phone models will have the option to center or (left and right) justify the labels; choose whichever version you prefer.
- Open the PDF
- Print the PDF to any printer
- Cut out the overlay and replace the overlay on the phone with the updated version
Busy Lamps are a paid feature with a small additional fee per phone. If Busy Lamps are enabled for your phone your Administrator or Velocity Telephone customer support can update them for you. Busy Lamps cannot normally be edited using a regular login for privacy reasons, though they will be labeled as Busy Lamps in the edit UI if you have Busy Lamps programmed on your phone.
Busy Lamps are edited just like speed dials (when using an Administrator login), except there is a drop-down to select speed dial versus busy lamp mode for each key once busy lamps are enabled on a phone. They function like a speed dial but also provide a light next to the speed dial key showing the state of a user on the system or a service. The light is lit green when a user is idle, flashes red when a call is ringing, and is solid red when the user is on their phone.
To add the Busy Lamp feature to a phone please contact Velocity Telephone customer support.
Did this Frequently Asked Question provide the information you were looking for? Provide us with your
Feedback and suggestions for improving this FAQ.